“I AM” Nature Within You Now!
By Master Stephen Co
The Soul is a spark from the universal flame, which some call God. God puts forth this portion of Himself, which then incarnates, or takes a body, in the lower plane, the earth. As an extension of God, our Soul is in a state of permanent health, a state of unchanging, prolonged awareness and peace. We may not be consciously aware of it, but we inherently know that this state of peace resides within us.
As we seek health, success and happiness in the physical world, we are often oblivious to how close true health, success and happiness are, because we don’t look inward. But when we become aware of the limitations of our physical body and the imperfections of the material world-as we must inevitably-our innate knowledge of this inner state of peace and health is stirred.
This is called spiritual restlessness. There are many ways spiritual restlessness is awakened. It is commonly prompted by a life crisis, such as a reversal of fortune or tragedy that is difficult to explain-for example, disastrous material loss or the death of someone close. It is often felt when we have a premature brush with mortality ourselves, or when we near the end of our life and seek to put things in order.
Or, we may feel it after we attain our worldly goals-success, fame, prosperity, or in the case of our focus here, physical health-and then find ourselves wondering if “that’s all there is.” It may arise simply as a result of exploring physical health through alternative or esoteric practices, as you are doing with this book. Or, it may be awakened naturally in those who are particularly sensitive or spiritually developed.
Regardless of how we come to this awareness, we all have within us this intrinsic need to “return to the source,” to have contact with our Soul to access that inner peace and health. Below is a powerful meditation that will allow you to experience a glimpse of your Soul’s Divine Nature.
1. Sit down in a darkened room, close your eyes, and go through your physical relaxation routine. Perform seven cycles of pranic (slow and deep diaphragmatic) breathing. Be aware of your whole body.
2. Put your attention on your feet and legs for several seconds. Continue pranic breathing, and then see and feel them disappear.
3. Put your attention on your waist, chest, and torso for several seconds. Continue pranic breathing, and then see and feel them disappear.
4. Put your attention on your hands and arms for several seconds. Continue pranic breathing, then see and feel them disappear.
5. Put your attention on your head for several seconds. Continue pranic breathing, and then see and feel your head disappear.
6. Perform several cycles of pranic breathing as you are aware of your body “not being there.”
7. Silently say, “I AM not the body; I exist independently of the body.” Be still for about 30 seconds.
8. Visualize a reddish-pink silhouette or outline of your physical body around 6 ft. above the ground.
9. Silently say, “This is my emotional body. It contains all emotions that I have ever created or experienced. It allows me to feel and experience emotions and feelings, but it is not me!”
10. See it fading and vaporizing into nothingness.
11. Silently say, “I AM not the body, I AM not the emotions. I exist independently of the physical and emotional bodies.” Be still for about 30 seconds.
12. Visualize a bluish-yellowish silhouette or outline of your physical body 6 ft. above the ground.
13. Silently say, “This is my mental body. It contains all thoughts that I have ever created or experienced. It allows me to think and experience thoughts and ideas, but it is not me!”
14. See it fading and vaporizing into nothingness.
15. Silently say, “I AM not the body, I AM not the emotions, nor the thoughts. I exist independently of the physical, emotional, and mental bodies.” Be still for about 30 seconds.
16. Silently say, “I AM not the body; the body is a vehicle of the Soul. I AM not my emotions or my thoughts; they are just products of the Soul. I AM not even the mind. The mind is the just the instrument of the Soul. I AM the Soul! I AM a being of Divine Intelligence, Divine Love, and Divine Power. I AM connected to God. I AM one with God. I AM one with All. I AM the Soul!” Be still for three to five minutes and simply let go.
17. Slowly open your eyes, take several pranic breaths, and stretch.
As you perform this exercise, you will experience inner stillness, peace and extreme mental clarity. You realize that “you” are not your body. Nor are “you” your thoughts or emotions. Even if your body and thoughts were to disappear physically, not just figuratively, “you” remain. This “you” or “I AM” that you’ve been in touch with in this meditation is your Soul. You will also experience a great freedom and a sense of lightness. Practice this meditation everyday especially when you are going through physical or psychological crises. It will infuse your entire being with Divine Love, Light and Power!
This is an excerpt from “Your Hands Can Heal You” co-authored by Master Stephen Co and Dr. Eric Robins, available in all major bookstores. Master Co is a senior disciple of GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui and teaches classes all over the United States. For Pranic Healing Workshops, Meditation schedules and for a Free Meditation Tape please call (888)470-5656 or visit the website www.yourhandscanhealyou.com .
Return to the September/October Index page