Seven Laws of Self-Healing
By Master Stephen Co
These are the basic principles regarding the use of Prana or Chi in self-healing. These simple laws underpin the energy and healing work in Pranic Healing.
1. When energy flows through the body properly, you are in a state of health. This is the most fundamental truth about prana, the body, the mind, and our health. If the aura is clean, the meridians clear, and the chakras balanced and functioning properly, the body is in a state of physical and mental health.
2. When there is an energetic disturbance in the body, a disease state is created. This is the corollary to the first rule. When the body’s energy is disrupted in some way, when it is prevented from flowing smoothly through the meridians, to and from the chakras, and to and from the organs, a health problem is present (or about to be present). There are two types of energetic disturbances: congestion, which is an accumulation of either excess or dirty prana; and depletion, which is a deficiency of prana. For the body to be returned to a state of health, these energetic disturbances must be corrected.
3. You can sense, increase, and direct the body’s supply of prana to improve your health — if you have the proper training. Prana is a living force; it has consciousness. It can be built up and consciously controlled.
4. The body always moves toward homeostasis or equilibrium. All systems in nature move toward balance. The body, too, seeks a balanced energetic level. Our body naturally seeks health.
5. Illnesses manifest in the energy body before they manifest in the physical body. The energy body is the template or mold for the physical body; it surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body. Thus, health problems occur first as irregularities or disturbances in the energy body before they become symptoms or full-blown health problems in the physical body. By treating problems at the energetic level, you can heal the physical body. Additionally, through regular energy-generation exercises and proactive steps to keep the energy body clean, you help prevent physical ailments from occurring and greatly diminish their effects if they do physically manifest.
6. Healing occurs first in the energy body before it becomes apparent in the physical body. This is a corollary to the fifth law. When Pranic Healing is applied to the aura, there can often be very rapid and dramatic positive results in the physical body. The healing rate depends on factors such as the healer’s experience and proficiency, the complexity and severity of the health problem, and the current energy level of the person with the affliction.
7. One of the major root causes of the energetic disturbances that cause many physical ailments is frequently negative thoughts and emotions stored in the body. Thoughts, emotions, beliefs, and memories contain real energy that is stored unconsciously in the physical body. (Consider: How do you know when you’re nervous, angry, or fearful? Not through intellectual awareness. Only by feeling a physical manifestation in your body — for example, stomach spasms, a tight neck, an increased heart rate, a sudden urge to go to the bathroom, heavy perspiration, etc.) Held tightly in the body over a period of time, these negative emotions, limiting beliefs, and traumatic memories form blockages and energetic disturbances that lead to physical health problems.
Master Stephen Co is the co-author, along with Eric B. Robins, MD, of “Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery From Common Health Problems” (Simon and Schuster). For more information on “hands on” Pranic Healing workshops, free clinics and to receive your Free Self-Healing Meditation Video CD, please call (888) 470-5656 or you may see our website: www.yourhandscanhealyou.com
Return to the May/June Index page