Bringing Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow Children
into the Aquarian Age
By Donna Lisa Grey
We’re now living in the cusp of time between the age of Pisces and Aquarius. This period began on 11-11-1991 and will continue through 2012. Where have we come from ? What is the function of the cusp period ? Where are we heading ?
We’re still coming out of the Piscean Age, controlled by machines, technology and hierarchies. Power, control, wealth and status were the primary keys to a way of living. Where and how long you worked, the car you drove, where you lived and who you knew were all instrumental in how successful you were !
In the Piscean Age, it was easier to get away with certain behaviors — from embezzlement to dumping pollutants. One could hide behind a mask of dishonesty and truthfully lie about the truth. All of this can now be seen and tracked by trails left behind.
Extreme and rapid shifts have been noticed worldwide during this age change. We have always moved through times of change, but never with such intensity and speed and never with such an incredible high level of consciousness and vastness before. There’s a sense of urgency, a vast change in society, consciousness, and the way people are starting to view the world/universe.
With the dawning of the Aquarian Age, the truth will be reflected in our actions and the internal value and qualities of our minds and hearts. We need the ability to recognize the consequences of our actions before we take them, as if every action will be seen and will reveal us. With this we can then begin to realize that “our word fulfilled by our actions, is our ultimate gift and power.” As Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini says, “The greatest power will be your Word — your consciously projected words.”
During this cusp period, we have a lot of work to do and a lot of cleaning up from past ages. What is great is that this work has already begun. We can see it filtering right through the media, through amazing spiritual leaders/teachers/authors, such as: Louise Hay, Doreen Virtue, Wayne Dyer, James Twyman and so many more. We can see it through innovative companies such as: The Spiritual Cinema Circle; food outlets such as: Whole Foods Market, Native Foods, Santos Trading; through incredibly talented musicians, such as: 12-year-old Evren Ozan (flautist); through many very widely used alternative-health practices/methods and, what many of us now call the basic essentials in our lives — incense, candles, crystals, meditation, yoga, bath salts and aroma oils.
* Intellect is not enough. We need a new relationship with intuition, emotion and instinct.
* Information is not enough. Neither is knowledge. We need wisdom.
* Stamina and constant peak performance are the common benchmarks to evaluate all people and their work, and the need is to go inward and regenerate.
* We require a reconciliation and integration of the spiritual side of life with the technological and material sides- a spiritual fitness to sense values and meaning.
* There is no isolation. Each action we take must be considered ecologically, and globally, because each person does affect, directly or indirectly, vast networks of people, and other living beings and places.
* Complexity is increasing as is our need to deal with it. (especially in educating our children)
Our current generations of children have a very unique learning experience to move through. If we as their caretakers are in touch with these changes, and the sensitivities that are required to evolve to a higher consciousness level of living in the Aquarian Age, then we would see it is our children who have come through to actually teach us how to improve the world we live in. These children are commonly known as the Indigos and Crystals with the most recent generation of Rainbows.
They are born with the intention of harmony, joy, peace and healing, and it is up to us as their caretakers to provide an environment that supports all of their growth needs by maintaining these intentions. One of the most important areas of growth not generally acknowledged by mainstream education is spirituality.
Spirituality, if defined in short, is basically recognizing the power we hold in our thoughts, words, actions and intuition, branching off into mind, physical and psychic development.
Powerful ways we can support and nurture the growth of our children to evolve more harmoniously into the Aquarian Age, is to start with the basics. If we were to teach our children the following basics as we do routines such as brushing our teeth, washing our hands, and learning how to read, there would be phenomenal changes in overall behaviors, health and many of the misdiagnoses of ADD, ADHD, Autism, Speech and Behavior Disorders.
* Breathing: The power of breath and how to breathe. Learning that when our breath reaches the pit of our stomach and expands like a balloon actually massages many organs stimulating growth and healing as required. Learning that breath allows us to relax completely in a second therefore controlling anger, stress, fear, nerves and pain. Breath also allows us to reach incredible abilities with our physical bodies. Breath is the flow and infinite supply of our life force.
* Food: Truly having the understanding that our bodies are a vehicle needing to be well maintained and nurtured in order to avoid breakdown is invaluable for life. What we eat is the biggest reflection of how well we maintain our human shells. Our bodies are like the shell of a hermit crab, except that we can’t get a new one.
I saw a mother suctioning the end of a straw with her finger so she could easily feed her 6-month-old baby some cola. Clearly, she was unaware that she was giving her baby chemicals. We are responsible for the behavior of our children, and food does have one of the biggest impacts on how a child feels, how healthy they grow and how they learn. I highly recommend that EVERYONE see the movie, “Supersize Me”, as this film can motivate healthful eating changes.
If we feed our children fast foods even once a week, we can ADDICT our children. As a society we are addicted to these fast foods because we’ve had the taste of them from the time we first started eating food !
We have great alternative eating places opening, and if we were all to avoid the unhealthy “fast-food chains,” we would see even more. Knowing our “slower food chains” prepare organic, fresh and minimally-unprocessed foods should be enough to increase a demand everywhere worldwide.
* Music, Movement and Meditation: The power of creativity through music and movement can relax, motivate, inspire and develop individuality. Creating the environment in which this can be expressed without judgment is vital to overall development. Learning Yoga from pre-school, and then continuing this practice for life, is one of the most powerful ways to develop physical strength, flexibility, peaceful meditation and confidence. Using music to help young children with visualization by using their third eye is very successful and positive. This prepares and begins the practice of meditation and psychic development which are two of the most powerful healing techniques we all have available to us. Imagine if we were all taught to meditate, practice yoga and use our third eye from pre-school.
Let us be aware and supportive of all those around us who are doing this powerful preparatory work needed for the Aquarian Age transition for the greater good of all and hold the same powerful intention of achieving world harmony, equality, global unity and peace everlasting.
Donnalisa Grey left mainstream teaching after 14 years to pursue a spiritual educational vision for all children, parents and educators worldwide. She is a certified Angel Therapy Practitioner, Kundalini Yoga Instructor and is currently studying for her Doctorate in Metaphysics. For further information on her forthcoming books/CDs, please see www.seavisionproductions.com
Return to the March/April Index page