to Protect Others from Draining Your Life Force!
By Master Stephen Co
Have you ever felt tired or drained after performing some bodywork or healing on a client or friend? Or what about feeling heavy and nauseated after listening to someone else’s problems? These are all signs of negative energy transference. You can eliminate and prevent them by practicing Energetic Hygiene.
One of the most powerful, yet simple techniques of protecting yourself in Pranic Healing, is “cutting negative cords.” You establish energetic cords wherever you interact with people, especially doing healing, bodywork and counseling sessions. These cords are particularly tenacious and are often attached to the front and back solar plexus chakras because these chakras control the emotions.
Cords connecting you to a person or situation that evokes a strong negative emotion, such as worry, fear, anxiety, or anger, leads to energetic contamination, so it is advisable to cut all negative cords periodically, at least once in the evening. Not cutting cords could lead to cloudiness in thinking as well as insomnia. It takes only seconds but produces a quick sense of relief and lightness.
Arnon Davidovici uses cord-cutting to regain mental clarity after a long day. He says “As the stresses of the day begin to wear on me and I notice that my actions and decisions become less objective and clear, I cut any cords that I don’t want connected to me. Immediately, I feel like a different person. I know who I am and what I need to be doing. I make my decisions with more ease and clarity, and interact with people without external influences and stresses.
Many healers use cord-cutting to remove the attachment they make to their
patients. Dr. Jason J. Wilson, a Minneapolis chiropractor, notes that
cord-cutting is “extremely relieving” for him. It gives him more energy, since
he is no longer contaminated by the backflow of dirty energy through cords left
intact with his patients.
Below is a simple step-by-step “cord-cutting” technique:
Put your hands in the slightly cupped position. Place one hand above and slightly in front of your head and place the other hand down at your side but curving slightly inward toward your body (Fig. A). It will be as if you are holding a large ball in front of you. Most people put their dominant or energizing hand at the top.
1. Imagine beams of light projecting from your fingertips long enough to sweep across the front of your body.
2. Now, sweep down with your top hand while sweeping up from below with your other hand. You can dip your knees in order to sweep across your legs in front. Imagine that you are gathering together all these cords, from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head, that are connected to various parts of your energy aura.
3. Pull them together into one bundle in front of your front solar plexus chakra. You should be able to feel them as your hands get about eight to 12 inches apart. Then grasp the cords in one hand.
4. Cut through the cords forcefully with a brisk karate chop motion with your dominant or top hand (Fig. B) You may wish to visualize the edge of your hand as a sharp, serrated knife. Make three cuts close to your body at the front solar plexus.
5. Visualize an image of your back. Repeat your name silently to clarify your intention.
6. Place one hand above your visualized head and one hand below your visualized feet.
7. Sweep and gather the cords into a bundle at your back solar plexus chakra in
the same manner, then cut them with three sharp motions.
You should repeat these techniques after every client you see and after any negative interaction with people. Cord Cutting is just one of nine powerful tools you can use to maintain a state of good health through energy hygiene. Developed by GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui for the Pranic Healing, these techniques are taught by Master Stephen Co in MCKS Pranic Healing weekend intensives.
This is an excerpt from the book “YOUR HANDS CAN HEAL YOU” written by Master Stephen Co and Dr. Eric Robins and published by Simon and Schuster Inc. To learn more on how to heal yourself with Pranic Healing and receive a Free Self Healing med-itation Video CD, call the American Institute of Asian Studies, LLC at 1-888-4-PRANIC. Visit www.yourhandscanhealyou.com
Return to the July/August Index page