My Personal Experience and Testimonies  
with Ojibwa Tea and Extract
By Kim Veltin



I first learned about Ojibwa Tea in 1994 from a lady named Connie who told me and a few other ladies how she cured her self of breast cancer with no conventional treatment. She drank this Tea remedy as directed and developed by the Ojibwa Indians located in the Canadian region of Ontario. Connie was able to acquire the herbs to make the tea from a lady named Sandy, also from this region who spends the winters in Florida. As word spread, Sandy continued to import the herbs and made it available to anyone interested in their own healing.

I was diagnosed with Fibrocystic Disease of the breast so thought I would drink the tea to see what happened. And I acquired two books available at the time, "Calling of an Angel" (Natures Cure For Cancer) by Dr. Gary Glum, and "The Essence of Essiac" by Sheila Snow. I learned of this remedy's long history and read many testimonies of its healing powers.

I learned that these unique blends of natural herbs originated in the early 1800s from the Canadian Ojibwa Indian Tribe. In 1924 this Herbal Tea became very popular, thanks to the work of Nurse Rene Caisse who called the remedy Essiac, (her last name spelled backwards).

I wanted to know if I would experience side effects from the herbal remedy. I read from the book, "Essence of Essiac" pages 124-125, in the case of breast cancers, a primary growth will usually invade the mammary gland of the opposite breast or the auxilla (armpit), or both. Nurse Cassie discovered that her treatment reduced the secondary growth unto the primary mass, enlarging it for a time.

When it became localized, it was encapsulated and could then be removed without danger of recurrence. In one instance, a patient with breast cancer was instructed by her doctor to have six doses of the remedy before undergoing surgery. After the fifth dose, however, the cancer disappeared, with no recurrence! Most importantly, this was verified in a test conducted at the Brusch Medical Center and other laboratories.

It was also discovered that one of the most dramatic effects of taking this remedy was its affinity for drawing all of the cancer cells, which had spread, back to the original site at which point the tumor would first harden, then later it would soften, until it vanished altogether or more realistically, the tumor would decrease in size to where it could then be surgically removed with minimal complications.

In some cases and at certain stages of the disease, the cancer would act as if it were coming to a head, similar to an abscess. It would then break down and slough away. These people all reported that when the mass broke, it wasn't like pus but like a cottage cheese substance that came away.

Still other types enlarged until the mass was localized, then loosened and reduced in size until there was nothing left, having been absorbed into and carried off by the blood stream and body waste. Some other observations Nurse Cassie made over her years of practice: The remedy allowed patients to sleep in greater comfort than they had in the past. The increase in appetite and weight, diminished pain, decrease in tumor size and longer life span were all attested to by doctors in attendance.

Dr. Banting, who examined case after case, was especially impressed with the effects of the remedy on the pancreas and possibly other sluggish glands which it seemed to restore to normal activity. Other doctors who examined patients discovered the remedy had a special effect on the liver. After taking blood counts they found hemoglobin and white cell platelets had returned to normal.

Despite the fact that there are and always will be skeptics seeking flaws in these case histories or attempting to belittle the actual results, testimonies of patients do exist, scattered not only throughout Ontario but across Canada and the U.S.

A number of them were described in a 1977 Homemaker Magazine article about Essiac and in Dr. Gary Glum's book "Calling of an Angel" in 1988. Some are still alive today to describe their own personal experiences while relatives of former patients since passed on, can vividly recall memories of those recoveries.

After reading these books, I was convinced that this healing remedy might help me too. I decided to drink the healing tea to see if it would heal my condition. I was diagnosed at age 25 and was told by my doctor  I had a mass on my left breast after having a lump removed from my right breast. It was then determined I had fibrocystic disease and he didn't want to do radical surgery at the time but wanted to keep an eye on my condition.

Several years passed and the mass stayed the same. I was 39 years old when I learned of this Ojibwa Tea remedy from Connie and her testimony, and decided to try it. I drank the tea twice a day, first thing in the morning and last at night before going to sleep. After the first two weeks the mass began to get larger and was tender to the touch, then after the next few weeks the pain went away and the lump got smaller and smaller until it diminished completely. My husband and I were amazed!

At 43, I began having rectal bleeding and started drinking the tea again for a few weeks at a time and the bleeding would stop. I didn't know what was going on at the time, so I carried on with my busy life and stopped drinking the tea. For the next two years I had symptoms of bleeding, and every time I would drink the tea, the bleeding stopped. However, I wasn't consistent with drinking the tea. What I know now is the timeframe for complete healing; the dosage is twice a day on an empty stomach for two months and once a day thereafter as a preventative.

So, after two years of this I stopped drinking the tea, went to my doctor for a colonoscopy, and was diagnosed with Basaloid Squamous Cell Carcinoma. I told my doctor on our first visit that I had symptoms of bleeding off and on for the past two years and after getting the diagnosis he told me it was impossible that I could have had symptoms for that length of time because Basaloid Squamous Cell Carcinoma is the most aggressive cancer cell known to medical science and it grows like a web through the body and is the hardest to control.

He had never seen this type of cell stay so well contained and had now spread, for as long as I had symptoms. My doctor got mad when I told him about the Ojibwa Tea. I was confused and didn't know what to do at that point. Of course my doctor recommended a protocol of chemo and radiation but wouldn't be set up to start treatment for a month. During that time I began working on getting healthier through diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, juicing, and taking the Ojibwa Tea twice a day.

After only a couple of weeks I began feeling better. My pain subsided, my energy increased and my appetite was stable, I weighed about 140 lbs. at the time and I'm 5'6" tall. I should have asked to be tested again at that time. After starting conventional treatments I felt my health deteriorate at a rapid pace, losing 20-25 lbs. In a few short weeks I had to stop the treatments and was administered IV and shots of B12 everyday for the next two weeks because I was so dehydrated and couldn't eat anything. I felt like I was dying.

I decided to start drinking the tea again and gradually began to build my strength. During the course of my journey I met two other women with my same diagnosis. They both died and the only thing I did differently was to drink the Ojibwa Tea. I feel this Tea saved my life!

Upon the last visit with my doctor about five weeks later, He was amazed that I survived and healed up so quickly. My only complaint was that I had pain in my fingers and joints. He told me I would have arthritis due to the effects of the chemo treatments and prescribed Vioxx. I never filled the prescription.

I continued to drink Ojibwa Tea twice daily on an empty stomach and I focused on rebuilding my immune system with diet and light exercise. After the first 2 months my pain disappeared and now 8 years later at age 53, I am still pain free and cancer free. I am still drinking the Ojibwa Tea every morning as a preventative.

During the past eight years I have continued to research and educate myself on alternative methods of healing which led me to enroll in the Global College of Natural Medicine where I will achieve my degrees in Holistic Health Care; Nutritional Consulting; and Master Herbalist, within the next year or so. Many thanks to Connie and to Sandy for changing the course of my life's path in hopes of helping others as well.

For more information go to: or you can contact me by email: Kim


Return to the July/August Index page